8.22.2008

During the aftermath of a milestone and on the eve of a new beginning....


When Alan and I first began this blog we had planned on keeping it updated with witty, intellectual comments and journal entries..... well, like a lot of things that we "plan" to do, that hasn't turned out exactly how we thought it would. "Life" has seemed to happen to us this summer. In the midst of all that normally goes on, we have also been planning our wedding.... plus....the summer of '08 has been the summer of the baby boom! While our little Jacob turned one this August, we've also welcomed four beautiful babies into the world - now there's only two more to go!


With so many new little people in my life, it really makes me stop and think about how quickly time goes by. I think all too often we live our llives waiting around for the "next big thing" to come along. Just last week I was thinking to myself - "Okay, once we get Jake's party out of the way then we'll have Alan's bachelor party, then my bachelorette party, then the rehearsal dinner, then the wedding........" Life isn't supposed to be about crossing the days off of a calendar....... Jake's party has come and gone, and I feel a little let down. My little baby boy is one year old already! Where did the last year go? I look back at some of the snapshots from his few first months and can't even remember him looking the way he does in them! How pathetic is that? I suddenly find myself wishing I could stay home with my children each and every day, so as not to miss one single moment. Marissa will also be starting preschool next month, which also has me trying to reach back into the past to steal a precious few minutes back from when she was little. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I fear that after this "aha moment" I may end up having 12 children in order to keep a young child close to my side at all times...... :P
So I'm going to try my hardest to live life for the EVERDAY MOMENTS that I will surely miss six months, one year, and especially ten years from now. I find myself paying more attention to Marissa's singing, Jake's laugh, and the remarkably beautiful way Alan interacts with them everyday.
...............I'm not sure I know of three things more worth living for :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails