2.21.2010

Savory Seger Sunday: Cheesy Potato Soup



A wintertime favorite of mine... I really do not think I make this soup enough!  Partially because my children are turns up their noses at the site of anything with too many "things" in it... and partially because well, honestly sometimes I just do not feel like chopping up potatoes!  Seriously.... I have issues with peeling and cutting up potatoes... don't ask me why.  Anyway - this soup is so good that I crave it.  And when I do, I call on my hubby to chop me some potatoes. ;)


Cheesy Potato Soup
Ingredients


6 cups chopped potatoes or frozen potatoes
1 cup celery slices
1/2 cup chopped onion
Dash of pepper
4 Tbsp flour
6 cups water
1 cup carrot slices
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp salt
3 cups milk
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed




Directions

Boil water in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.  Cook potatoes, celery, carrots and flour until tender.  Then add rest of ingredients.  Cook until cheese has melted.

Makes 6 servings.  Leftovers reheat wonderfully. *kid-friendly (for most!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails